Search

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

What I Wore: Nightmare in Pink



I got home from work tonight in a bit of a flurry. My bus was stuck in traffic because of an accident, I forgot my phone at home all day and my umbrella broke. However tired I was though, I was entirely digging my outfit today, so the long and short of it was me bursting into the kitchen and yelling 'JOHN PLEASE COME AND TAKE PHOTOS OF ME PLEEEEEASE.' He was just slightly confused, but very obliging, and so very kindly took these pictures whilst simultaneously playing with the cat, cooking dinner and filling the dishwasher. He is a wonder man.

Dress - Boohoo, Jumper - Primark, Tights - Primark, Boots - Primark

 I like this dress a lot and I love wearing it to work, because it's both smart and comfy which is all I really want in life to be honest. Being so pale, I've never really been much for pink things as I tend to think they either wash me out or bring out the pinky red undertones in my skin, but I've been branching out lately. Plus the collar is just great - who doesn't love a good collar? Also, according to BooHoo, this colour is apparently 'nude' - I do not agree, but hey ho. This jumper was £3 in Primark and if you can't see, it's sparkly! It washes really nicely and is soft, so I think it's kind of awesome really.

Eyeliner - Rimmel, Lips - Rimmel & Soap and Glory, Blush - Avon
Makeup wise, I had to go pink, obviously. Two types of pink lipstick, in fact! Underneath, Rimmel Moisture Renew 130 Oxford St, Fuchsia, and on top Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Lacquer in Charm Offensive. I really enjoy the colour and high gloss of the lip lacquer but I find it wears off pretty quickly, especially when eating and drinking, so having a longer-lasting lipstick underneath allows me to keep some colour between applications. 



Have some outtakes, while you're at it. Arya can't help but be involved when there's a camera around. She's 100% a poser. 

Hope you're all having a wonderful day whatever you're doing! 

- Natalie XOX