Search

Sunday, 4 January 2015

My Word of 2015



I used to enjoy creating New Year's Resolutions. Never mind that I never stuck to any of them and forgot about them by mid-February at latest, it just seemed like the thing to do, even if it didn't really mean anything to me. This year I wanted to take a slightly different approach - 2014 was such a good year for me and I knew for sure I wanted to carry on with so many things and improve on the progress I made last year, but I couldn't pin down everything into definite, spelled out goals. So, when a friend pointed me towards the concept of having a 'Word of the Year' instead, I jumped at the idea. Susannah Conway's free 5-session exercises and accompanying 'Unraveling the Year' workbook were a lovely discovery, and guided me perfectly towards the word that sums up all of my goals for 2015.


I want to grow in all areas of my life, build on the things I already have, and develop myself and my skills in a natural and organic way. I like the fact that it's both specific and vague in different ways, and it's easy enough to keep in mind in all the decisions I make this year.

This includes, in amongst other things, growing my blog! I want to reach a wider audience and hone my photography and social media skills further, and hopefully continue to have as much fun as I currently do writing and sharing things with you lovely lot. I've put together a pintrest inspiration board for my word, so if any of you felt like checking that out, you can find it here


What are your resolutions for 2015? If you had to sum them all up in one word, what do you think it would be? Let me know below, and happy new year lovelies! 

- Natalie XOX