Search

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Charity Shop Bargains in Leeds

Hi all! This weekend I've had a few extra days off work which has been really great, just relaxing and catching up with things around the house while I can. Yesterday my mam came down to visit for the day, so we could have a catch up and do some shopping. I hadn't seen her since before Christmas, so it was really nice to spend some time together. We had lunch in the Handmade Burger Co, which was lovely as ever, some hot chocolates in Costa, and did plenty of shopping. We actually went up to a village on the outskirts of Leeds called Horsforth, which is a great little place with loads of nice charity shops and independent shops.

I don't think it's any secret that I really love shopping in thrift, vintage and charity shops. Just last year I shared my Top Ten Tips for Shopping in Charity Shops, and I still think it's one of the best ways to source great quality clothes for ridiculously low prices. I picked up some serious bargains this time around, and thought you might like to see them!


Originally from: SoulCal
Charity Shop: Cancer Research UK
Size: 8
Price: £4

This jumper looks a bit weird on the hanger, but when on, it's so so comfy and nice. It's a really relaxed fit with a drapey hem and cropped sleeves that end at the elbow. I'm really glad I tried it on as I would never have bought it after just seeing it on the rail - it doesn't really do itself justice! 


Originally from: Oasis
Charity Shop: Cats Protection
Size: 8
Price: 99p

Yep - 99p. I couldn't really believe it, as there's nothing at all wrong with this lovely 60's style dress. It's a gorgeous loose finish with a fairly short hem and sheer sleeves. I can see myself wearing this plenty for work as it's smart enough but also fun enough to not look too dressed up. I love it!


Originally from: Hearts and Bows, an ARC Clothing label
Charity shop: Cats Protection
Size: 10
Price: 99p

My mam hates this shirt. I absolutely love it. For those reasons I can sort of understand the price tag, but seriously. It has SPACE and PEGASUSES on it. Pegasuses? Pegasi? Who knows. It's silky fabric and a nice fit and I don't care what anyone says, I think it's amazing. 


Originally from: River Island
Charity Shop: St Gemma's Hospice
Size: 8
Price: £4.49

These were my ultimate bargain of the day. Never worn River Island jeans, with the £35 price tag still on, for under a fiver. They're sort of in between a tan and a khaki colour and have surprisingly deep pockets for skinny jeans. If ever a purchase convinced me that charity shopping is worth the time and effort, this would be one of them. 

My next charity shop trip is going to be a fairly extended one as I'm not looking for clothes, but home-ware to help us re-do our bedroom and the basement, so that should be exciting. No doubt i'll still come back with a few irresistible bargains though ;) 

Have you picked up any exciting  purchases lately, whether second-hand or new? Where's your favourite place to go charity shopping? Let me know below! 

- Natalie XOXO