Search

Sunday, 7 December 2014

December Goals


December has really crept up on me. Work has been so busy lately, and so many things have happened that need all of my attention all of the time. Christmas seems to be starting earlier and earlier every year, and it's been quite nice experiencing the start of the holidays in a new city, with new people and new things to see. 

My November goals were somewhat achieved I think. I started my gallery wall, made time for myself, leaned on some people for support, read some books and definitely started getting into the Christmas spirit. With that in mind, here are my goals for the month ahead - 

  • EXPERIENCE - I love trying new things. This month so far already I've hosted my first couch-surfer, learned how to jive at 3am in a rock and roll bar with a manager from work, and tried my hand at making mulled wine. I'm going to try and say yes to as many things as possible this month, push my boundaries and hopefully, have some more amazing new experiences.
  • PAMPER - There's lots of social events this time of year, so I'm making it a goal of mine to take care of how I look a bit more than usual this month. That means getting a haircut, re-dying my hair, holding off on the nail-biting for a while, and paying special attention to my skincare routine. 
  • INDULGE - What is Christmas time without excessive amounts of chocolate, bad TV, expensive bath products, and lazy days curled up in a duvet enjoying all of the above? I'm not going to feel guilty for letting go a little this month and letting the comfort of the holidays surround me once in a while. 
  • GIVE - The thing I love most about Christmas is giving to others. I love making people happy and this year I can thankfully afford to spoil the people I love a bit. Aside from that though, I'm also sending a lot of Christmas cards out to people, so I can hopefully make a lot of people smile. I'd also like to try and volunteer a bit, i'm going to look into that. 
  • LOVE - I am loved and I love a lot of people, and I'm not always the best at expressing it. Like most people, I am moody and annoying and grumpy at times, and I'm going to do my best to be positive this month. Because why not, after all? Things could always be worse ;)
Are you getting into the Christmas spirit already, or is it not your kind of thing? What are your hopes and goals for the month ahead? Let me know below! 

- Natalie XOX