Search

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Early Autumn Daze


Seasons change, memories fade

Daydreams fall like golden leaves

- Nitin Sawhney, October Daze


Beautiful evergreen trees in the park I go through on my commute, and giant hot chocolates on cold dark evenings. What more could a girl want in October really?

Hello all! It's been a while since I posted again, hasn't it? It's been such a hectic few weeks. I've finally started properly in my new job, and i'm really enjoying it so far. Everyone is so lovely and helpful, and although there's a lot to learn, I think I'm really going to be able to settle down and have a great experience there. One of my best friends (Leigh-Anne, whose blog you can check out here) moved to Lanzarote last week to live there for 6 months, which is so weird! I'm very jealous but she's having a great time, and she really deserves it. My boyfriend has been working nights a lot lately; since he works in music he's often not home til 2-3am, which can be a bit lonely, but I've got the kitten to give me cuddles now at least :)

I've been enjoying the cooler weather quite a lot! The summer clothes are almost entirely put away now, confined to under-the-bed and the basement until the sun decides to show up next year again. I thrive in woolly tights, scarves, cardigans and boots, so i'm in my element right now. I wish it would stay this way until spring! I hate snow and extreme winter weather, not least because I have to rely on public transport, which inevitably gives up at the first tiny snowfall of a year. 

 Left: Dress charity shop, Blazer H&M, Tights Primark, Shoes Primark, Necklace Amazon. Right: Denim shirt vintage

My hair is a little shorter and more layered now, and a tad darker. I'm going to go darker again this weekend, more of a chocolate brown than my typical summer auburn colour. It's a bit of a challenge dressing for work in this weather I must admit, as my new workplace is more 'dressy' and professional than my old one. Thank god for casual Fridays, I say! I'm definitely investing a good pair of black ankle boots come payday, some lovely tweed skirts and very much coveting a lot of gorgeous jumpers I've seen around lately. The autumn high street collections are 100% on point this year. 

Autumn Daze - Fashion from New Look and H&M - View on Polyvore

I'm going to be uploading a post soon about a little trip I took to York soon, so keep an eye out for that! For now though, I'm going to leave you with a music recommendation that I think fits these quickly darkening days perfectly. Click here to listen to 'Chemicals and Circumstance' on spotify, a short album written, played, recorded and sung by a very talented man called Rich Adams, who I used to work alongside during University. It's poetic, calming and just perfect for these chilly evenings. 

Stay warm people. If you have any comments about the content of this post, enjoyed the Polyvore set, or just want to share your October activities too, please, let me know below! 

- Natalie XOX