Search

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Review: Clinique Chubby Stick in 07 Super Strawberry


Hey guys! Just a little note before I start this review, I got my final university grades today! I am graduating with a 1:1 which I am SO happy with. Congratulations and good luck to everyone else who's already had grades back or is anxiously awaiting them!

Now I wasn't planning to have any make-up reviews any time soon, but I just couldn't resist this. I have a postal subscription to Glamour magazine, and I was delighted when this month's issue turned up today with a free gift. The August 2014 issue comes with a choice of 2 shades of Clinique chubby stick lip colour balm (or a sample sized Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion or High Impact Mascara), which was nice as I've been curious about these for a while now but was put off by the £17 price tag. 

The shade I received was 07, 'Super Strawberry' which is relevant right now since I've eaten at least two full punnets this week alone. It's tennis season, i'm allowed! It's a very nice dark pink with a hint of shimmer, although the shimmer doesn't really show up on lips. 

My (slightly chipped now!) nail varnish is from GOSH in the shade Wild Lilac and was only £3.99 at Superdrug!
Swatched a couple of times
This is definitely more of a balm than a lipstick, and I wouldn't say it's really full coverage, nor is it especially moisturizing. It does glide on quite nicely though, and the colour is decently visible once on the lips. It doesn't look very glossy and transfers quite easily when eating or drinking. It does smell quite nice though, and the bottom twists up so you can carry on using it even after it's worn down though use. 


Overall I would say that I really like this product, but there's no way I would pay £17 for it. I prefer my Soap and Glory Gloss Stick over this, and that only retails for £8, and there are others out there too that I think are much better value. Still, well worth the £2 that Glamour magazine costs, so head out and pick one up if you fancy it! 

What do you think of the Clinique Chubby Sticks? Are you a massive fan, or do you think they're not worth the price? What other coloured lip balms have you been loving lately? Let me know below! 

- Natalie XOX