Search

Thursday, 15 May 2014

New Makeup Brushes


Hey guys! I'm off home this weekend to spend a few days with my family - it's my grandma's 60th Birthday so we're all going up to a hotel for a night and I'm really looking forward to it. I thought I would quickly share my latest beauty purchase with you all first though - I got this super cute set of makeup brushes online for about £9 on sale a few weeks ago, and they arrived today in this lovely purse-style case. 


Inside the folding case there are 12 brushes of varying sizes. They were all individually wrapped inside and some have covers to avoid staining the inside of the case after use. They feel nice and sturdy and not like they might fall apart. 


First some teeny tiny brushes that are quite short and firm, I think best used for gel eyeliner, lipstick and eyebrows. 


Then some slightly larger eye shadow brushes of various sizes, all very soft and fluffy. There is also one which I think will be good for concealer, and a stippling brush for applying certain types of foundation. I've never used one these before and i'm excited to try it out.


And finally the big fluffy brushes. One for liquid foundation, an angled brush for contouring, and a big fluffy brush for powder and powder foundations. I have a kabuki brush already which I like to use for powder, so i'll have to see if I prefer this one. If not, it'll be a good blusher brush I think. 

So what do you think? What makeup brushes do you use? Since this is my first proper set, I'm excited to try them out and see which ones I use and which I don't so if I decide to get more expensive ones in the future I can make an informed decision. Let me know below! 

- Natalie XOX