Search

Sunday, 18 May 2014

My Weekend + Primark Haul


Hey guys! I just got home about an hour ago so there's no Sewing Sunday post today I'm afraid. Instead I thought I'd share a few things from my weekend with you, including some things I bought in Primark. 

We spent this weekend in Newcastle, mostly for my nana's birthday. The whole family went on a night away together in a lovely hotel in a little Northumberland village called Bamburgh. If you've never been, it's a tiny, gorgeous little place with an amazing castle and a huge beach. Just look at the view we had from our room! We all had a nice meal and a drink together and generally had a really good time. It's not very often all of us manage to get together outside of Christmas, so seeing everybody was a nice treat and the cake was bloody lovely too!

Bonus bathroom selfie of me and my gorgeous little sister. I attempted to contour my makeup, do you think it looks okay?

As well as spending time with the family, I also went to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in 3D, which was very good indeed. I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it, but I'm just going to say it was quite upsetting at one point!! I managed to fit in a cheeky little shopping trip too while we were there. I miss not having a Primark where I live, so I always head there when I'm back home visiting family. Here's what I got:


In case it's not obvious, this tote bag is MASSIVE. I'm not sure how much it cost since my mam bought this one and then gave it to me, but I love it. It was perfect for bringing back all of the little things that wouldn't fit in the backpack on the way back home. This dress was £5 reduced from £10, and I loved the colours and the drapey skirt. 



These cropped jeans were £7, and they're just the kind of style I like. I swear I buy jeans similar to these every year and every year I manage to lose them. Still, for under a tenner you can't really complain. I also picked up these nails - I don't really ever wear false nails, but I loved the bright colours of these and thought since they were only £1 I might give it a go next time i'm going out somewhere nice. 

All in all I've had a great weekend. The weather was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a nicer break from my exam revision, which I'm sadly heading back to first thing tomorrow. What do you think of my purchases? Have you been anywhere nice this weekend? Let me know below!

- Natalie XOX