Search

Wednesday, 28 May 2014

e.l.f Summer Makeup Haul


Hey guys! e.l.f were having a great 50% off sale a few weeks ago so I decided to pick up a few things that I've been wanting for a while. I've never bought anything from the budget makeup brand before, but I've heard good things, so here we go! I was really impressed with the overall quality of everything I bought, especially considering how cheap it all was. 



e.l.f Studio Eyebrow Kit (Light) - £3.95 - This little kit contains a coloured wax, a lighter setting powder and a really nice little brush. I've tried this out and it's really nice! It defines eyebrows well and matches my natural colour really well. I hope it stays all day, I'll have to test that out soon.


e.l.f All Over Colour Stick (Pink Lemonade) - £1.95 - I have to say, I adore this! It smells gorgeous, and the colour is perfect. On cheeks it blends out to a pretty deep pink, and on lips it looks shimmery and lovely. I'm not big on pinky colours on my eyes but i'm sure it'll look great too. This is going straight in my makeup bag for sure.


e.l.f Long Wear Lip Liner (Mauve Luxe) - £1.95 - I've wanted a lip liner for a while, and this dark pink will hopefully go with quite a few different colours nicely. It drags a little on application, so i'm not too convinced on it just yet, but you never know. I'll try it out fully and report back!


e.l.f Shimmering Facial Whip (Lilac Petal) - £1.95 - I'm not really sure what to call this, but it's kind of a cream based highlighter with a pinky, silvery tone to it. It blends out to a subtle sheen without a hint of big glitter particles in it, which I think is going to make it great for daytime summer looks. 


e.l.f. Baked Bronzer (St. Lucia) - £3.95 - I took a chance on this since I've never really yet found a bronzer that suited my pale skin tone. Lots of reviews said this colour was too light, so I gave it a go, and lo and behold - it's actually a bit too light for me! It needs a heavy hand to show up and not be blended into nothing, so at least I'll not be likely to overdo the colour.


e.l.f Complete Coverage Concealer (Light) - £.3.95 - With four different shades, I figured at least one these would suit me and it turns out the 1st, 2nd and 4th shades all look good on different parts of the face. The 3rd is a touch dark, but might work good as a mixing shade. The formula is really really creamy which surprised me, and just glides onto the skin. 


e.l.f Nail Polish (Mango Madness) - £2.50 - Nail polish is notoriously bad for showing the right colour in photos, but in real life this is an amazing shade. It's a juicy, summery coral colour which is more pink in some lights and more orange in others, and I plan to have on my toes more or less all summer.