Search

Thursday, 1 May 2014

Chanel Inspired Spring Makeup with Healthy Glow Fluid



Another makeup look so soon? I know! But I just had to share. I took inspiration from this video by Lisa Elridge for Chanel and tried out a subtle, glowing look with pinks and lilacs for spring. I don't often tend to wear pinks and purples on my eyes and I'm worried about them accentuating my eternal genetic dark circles, but I think it works quite well here. 

I went a little light on the colours, but I think a more heavy handed approach would really work just as well depending on what you want from it, approaching filthy sunset level for those who really aren't afraid of oranges and pinks on their face like I am (Warning: the above link is NSFW due to very, very strong language, but is well worth a watch if you're not of the faint of heart - a wonderful makeup tutorial from one of my favourite controversial drag queens with some actual brilliant advice contained within. I literally learned how to apply false lashes from watching drag queens - nobody does it better.). 

For my base, I used my regular foundation mixed with a little serum and a little of Chanel's Les Beiges All-In-One Healthy Glow Fluid, to create a kind of homemade BB cream with a little extra. It was a little dark for my skin I think (the sample I received was No 30, I think I'm much closer to a No 20 or even a No 10), but I did love the glow from within effect that the Healthy Glow cream created. It was immediately noticeable, and still remained even after setting with powder. If I had a spare £40-50 to spend on makeup I would definitely be tempted.

As a pale girl with a pretty massive forehead and big eyebrows, I've always been a fan of Chanel makeup and the way they choose to present their models because they tend to focus on subtly enhancing the features that are already there as opposed to hiding what isn't wanted, and I love that. Models like Cara Delevingne have shown that features such as strong brows and a baby face can and should be embraced and shown off rather than toned down and hidden, and I just think that's an excellent message, and one I would have been very glad to hear as a younger girl. 


(Idk why the lighting is so weird here by the way, I swear my face is actually all one colour and not half and half like it looks here!)

If you like this pared back Spring look, let me know below!

- Natalie XOX