Search

Friday, 23 May 2014

Bank Holiday Weekend Glamour



With all of the revision and work I've been doing lately, I can't even explain how much I am in need of a night off! Thankfully this weekend is a Bank Holiday in the UK, meaning I have the perfect excuse to head to town for a well deserved dance and few drinks with my friends. I like to get dressed up, and especially on a Saturday when everybody else will be all glam as well, so I decided to put together a makeup look that is glamorous and dressy, yet still summery and bright. 

For this look I am wearing: 

Max Factor Facefinity 3-in-1 Foundation in Light Ivory
Dainty Doll Hot Pour Concealer in Shade 2
L'Occitane Fleur Cherie Blush in Rose Dentelle
Natural Collection Pressed Powder in Translucent
NYC Eye Shadow in Luxury Reborn (As contour and on eyebrows - I use it as just about everything except an eye shadow to be honest!)
MUA Undress Me Too Palatte in shades Lavish, Devotion, Wink, Corrupt and Shy
Miss Sporty Fabulous Lash Mascara in Black
Kate Moss for Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in 001


I tried to get an eye shadow close up but it didn't pick up the shimmer very well... In real life this is a very shimmery look, with Devotion especially picking up the light beautifully. Some false eyelashes would go well with this I think, especially those with jewels or glitter bits in them. This lipstick is a new one that I picked up a few weeks ago on sale, and I'm quite impressed with it. It's a bright, cherry red that really pops against most skin colours and it lasts fairly well for being so pigmented. I wouldn't mind a highlighter to wear with this look either, but I'm still waiting on one to be delivered! Maybe next time. 

I think I'll recreate this look tomorrow night to wear with a red skirt and red wedges, with a black crop top and tousled curly hair. What do you think of this look? Do you have any nice plans for the bank holiday weekend? Let me know below! 

- Natalie XOX