Search

Thursday, 27 March 2014

Spring 2014 Beauty Blog Swap - Photos and Swatches


Way back in February I decided to sign up for my first ever beauty bloggers swap event, hosted and organised by Kat from Tales of a Pale Face who went to the trouble of matching everybody up with a swapping partner. I was paired with the lovely Taslima whose blog I was actually already a fan of! She runs The Little Things In Life and I would really recommend you check her blog out if you have a minute. We exchanged quite a few emails talking about our favourite products and the things on our wishlists, then got to shopping. Our budget was £15 but we both agreed to also send some things from our stashes, since neither of us minded a couple of things being swatched and used one or two times. She really spoiled me and I'm so excited with what she chose for me! I'm going to review a few of these products separately, so I thought in this post I'd just give an overview of what was in my nice little package. 

Be a Bombshell Onyx Eyeliner Pen, Natural Collection Lash Curl Mascara, Miss Sporty Fabulous Lash XtraBlack, Natural Collection Eyeshadow in Lilac Shimmer, NYC Eyeshadow in Luxury Reborn
I love Natural Collection and already have a couple of these little eyeliner pots in various colours, so this pretty shimmery lilac looks lovely as a highlighting shade. The NYC shadow is a gorgeous brown and is so well pigmented. I love that Taslima got me mascaras aimed at lash curling since that's what my lashes really need haha! 

L-R: Natural Collection Lilac Shimmer, NYC Luxury Reborn, Be A Bombshell Onyx 
I'm especially excited to try out this eyeliner pen - maybe I'll finally get a decent wing from this since I'm pretty rubbish at liquid eyeliner. When swatched on my arm it absolutely didn't budge until I removed it properly, even when rubbed at with a tissue - talk about staying power!

L-R: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 130 Oxford St. Fuschia, Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist, Rimmel Lasting Finish in 077 Asia
I adore Rimmel lipsticks so this was a lovely surprise! 130 Oxford Street is a gorgeous pink with just a hint of fuchsia, making it very wearable for my super pale skin. 077 Asia is very different, a brown toned nude that is quite different to anything else I own, so I'm looking forward to trying that out and seeing how it looks.

L-R: Rimmel Moisture Renew 130 Oxford St. Fuschia, Rimmel Lasting Finish 077 Asia, Soap and Glory Gloss Stick Nudist
I've had my eye on a Soap and Glory Gloss Stick since I tried out the sexy motherpucker lipgloss which I really like, so I'm thrilled with this one. The shade is a very subtle apricot nude, perfect for perking up a plain nude lip with a bit of shine.

L:R Miss Sporty Studio Colour in 108 Romance, L'Occitane En Provence Fleur Cherie in Rose Dentelle, Rimmel London Blush in 041 Bronze
I have a confession - I only own one blusher, and have never had the courage to try bronzer or highlighter outside of the odd sample pot, so this is great! The miss sporty is actually an eye-shadow, but Taslima suggested it might work better as a highlighter and I agree, and the Rimmel bronzer will be perfect for summer. They all have such pretty patterns on them don't they! 

L:R - NARS Sheer Coverage Foundation 4ml Sample in Light 4, Harmony Moisturizing Smoothie Serum & Primer
And finally, a cute little NARS foundation pot and a face serum. I've never tried a serum and this feels gorgeous, really creamy and light, so hopefully it doesn't make me break out like a lot of face products do. It states that it is 100% allergy free and vegan though, so I'm hopeful. As a side note, it smells AMAZING, like lemongrass and just really fresh. 

L:R - NARS Foundation in Light 4, Harmony Moisturizing Smoothie Serum
I've been debating whether or not to buy myself a NARS foundation when (if ever) I have a little more money to spend, so I'll definitely be trying this out. The shade looks a little dark for me when swatched, but when blended it disappears into my skin completely. 

Aaaaand that's it! She really did spoil me completely and I am looking forward to trying everything out in full as soon as possible. Blog swaps are such a great experience when you have a good partner and getting things in the post is always fun anyhow.
Have you ever taken part in a blog swap? Have you ever tried any of the products in this post? Let me know below, and I hope everyone is having a great day! 

- Natalie XOX