Search

Friday, 14 March 2014

Smart and Natural - Makeup for Work


Hiya! I thought I'd share my hair and makeup today since I was quite happy with how it looked. I don't need to dress up for my work really, but since I work at the same place I study, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between dressing for lessons at university and dressing for work, so I try and make a bit more of an effort. Especially today as I knew I was going to be teaching a class today - scary! 

So, contacts in, nice fresh blow-dry, simple jewellery and a graphic print blouse with a jean skirt, woolen tights and ballet flats and I'm ready to go. Just a little fact - my boyfriend bought me this silver and diamond necklace as a gift for our five year anniversary last year, and I love it so much! I like to think of this makeup as mostly natural with the little eyeliner flick and pink-peach lipstick dressing it up a bit and making it a bit smarter. 

Face: 

Dainty Doll Foundation in Light 002 
Natural Collection Cover-Up Cream (under eyes)
Dainty Doll Hot Pour Concealer in Light 002 (blemishes)
Natural Collection Loose Powder in Neutral Translucent
Generic brown eyeliner pencil (eyebrows)

Eyes: 

Light Nude Eye-shadow from Generic Palette
Light Bronze Eye-shadow from Generic Palette
Seventeen High Drama Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Max Factor False Lash Effect in Black Brown

Lips: 

Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum (lip prep)
Burts Bees Natural Beeswax Lip Balm (lip prep)
Max Factor Lipfinity in 340 Essential Natural


Do you like to make a bit more effort sometimes at work or school? Do you like to experiment with hair and makeup at work, or do you keep it neutral and safe usually? What do you think of this look? Let me know below! 

- Natalie XOX