Search

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Review: The Nature's Co. Berry Lip Balm


Hey guys! Today's post is going to be about this cute little lip balm by The Nature's Co that I won in a competition a few weeks ago! I've had a little while to try it out now and I thought I'd share my thoughts on it with you lovely lot. 

The Nature's Co are an Indian company and this lip balm is made from entirely natural ingredients, containing a high percentage of shea butter, mango butter and kokum butter. I was glad about this since I tend to avoid a majority of lip balms such as Vaseline, etc. due to how much they dry out my lips after a while. It has a great fruity smell and comes nice little transparent pot so you can clearly see how much you have left. The lid screws on nice and tight so there's no chance of it coming off if you toss it in your bag haphazardly.


You get quite a bit of product in the tub and the expiration date is thankfully almost two years away, so plenty of time to use it all up. The balm is bright pink in the pot but goes on colourless. The formula is quite strangely hard, which I can only presume is because of the high quantities of natural ingredients, and it's not very easy to get out of the tub especially if it's been left in a cold place. I've taken to leaving this in the bathroom when i'm not using it so the steam can soften it up a little, and I can use it in the mornings straight after brushing my teeth. Once on lips, it isn't greasy or sticky at all, sinking nicely into the skin like a good moisturizer and leaving lips nice and soft to the touch. 

Overall this is a nice little lip balm which I'm very happy to add into my daily regime. It smells great and preps my lips wonderfully for lipstick and lip-glosses, even matte and light-coloured ones. I'm glad to have had the chance to try this out as I likely would not have ever purchased this product otherwise! 

- Natalie XOX