Search

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Liebster Award


Hey everyone! So I was nominated for a Leibster Award by Nikki from Dollar Store Diva. It's basically a list of tag questions and she gave me some questions to answer, then instructions to tag some more people and set them some different questions. It's a nice way to find new blogs and make new friends, especially amongst newer blogs, so here we go!


1. Do you use liquid or powder foundation?

Liquid. I have combination skin so powder foundation kind of scares me and I've never really used it to be honest.

2. What's your dream job?

I'm hopefully starting my MA and PHD in Linguistics later this year, and my ultimate goal is to be a lecturer. My dream job would be an academic slash teacher with a couple of published books, plenty of opportunities to travel for work and a comfortable salary. 

3. Do you live in a land-locked or coastal state?

I live in the UK so it's pretty hard to be land-locked really!! But honestly, I couldn't live any closer to the coast without being in the actual sea to be honest. Our house is one minutes walk from the cliff-top leading down to the beach. Soon i'll be moving further inland though, and I'll miss it :(

4. What your favorite app to use on your phone, and why?

Probably tumblr! I also use twitter and facebook a lot though. Aside from social networking apps, I have the UFYH app, which for those of you who aren't familiar with it, is a blog which provides motivation and cleaning tips for people who find it difficult to keep things clean and tidy. It's very motivating indeed and I like to use it on days when i'm having a bit of a slump. 

5. What your favorite "cheat"/unhealthy food? The greasier the better!

Ahhh I don't believe in 'cheat' foods haha, I enjoy everything I eat equally without guilt. I love a good fish and chips covered in salt and vinegar, or curry chips and rice from the chinese with a big bag of prawn crackers. Perfect for lazy saturday evenings with the boyfriend and a film <3

6. Do you use coupons/look for deals when you shop?

Oh definitely, as you can probably guess from my blog name I do like a good bargain! Coupons not so much, but I use clubcard points and nectar points and boots points and things all the time. 

7. What's the most visited website on your browser?

Without even looking, again I'm going to 100% say facebook. I don't even use it that much, it's just always open so I can talk to people and/or quietly stalk them while i'm avoiding doing things that actually need to be done. 

8. Who's your icon in the blogging/youtube sphere?

Well, I was first motivated to start blogging after being inspired by the lovely Stars for Streetlights and the super cool Annika at The Pineneedle Collective, so they both rate pretty highly on my list. In terms of YouTube, I really love watching Danisnotonfire and Sprinkle of Glitter because they both make me laugh until I cry! I'm also a big fan of Mark Oshiro from Mark Does Stuff and I've followed him since his very beginner Mark Reads Twilight days! Oh the horrible memories~ These people are all so amazingly awesome and you should go check them all out if you haven't already. 

9. What's your dream concert lineup?

Ah, this is where my ridiculous music taste is revealed. The dream would be Scissor Sisters, Billy Talent, The Rocket Summer, Mindless Self Indulgence, Billy Joel and the entire cast of Glee. And it would be all for meeeee because nobody else would want to go hahahaha

10. What's the favorite piece of clothing you own?

Ohh this is hard! I'm going to say my Superdry hoodie because it's very warm and comfy and I've had it for a very long time which is good because it was really expensive!

I'm nominating: Leigh-Anne from Sew My Life Back Together, Katie from Buddle and Squeak, Meg from A Scholar Life, Leighlee from Beauty, Bargains and Beyond, Olivia from Awake Looks, Nadja from Throw Me Something Beautiful and Taslima from The Little Things in Life

Here are my questions for all of you lovely ladies to answer! 

  1. How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start?
  2. What is your alcoholic beverage of choice?
  3. What is your favourite pet - cats, dogs or something else?
  4. Do you wear makeup every day?
  5. Where would your dream holiday destination be?
  6. Have you ever tried vlogging? If not, would you ever?
  7. What is something that scares you?
  8. Where do you see yourself in five years time, both personally and professionally?
  9. How would you describe your clothing style?
  10. What book have you read and enjoyed recently? 

Leave me a comment below with a link to your answers, I'd love to read them! This weekend I'm chilling out with my family and looking forward to the end of my #FrugalMarch spending ban (final post on that coming on Monday), as well as trying not to stress too much about my piles of uni work. Hope you're all well! 

- Natalie XOX