Search

Saturday, 15 March 2014

#Frugal March // Spending Ban Week 2



Happy Saturday! This past week has been so hectic for me, I'm really glad it's over actually. On top of an assessed teaching practice and normal lectures, I also had to all but finish a whole chapter of my dissertation in under five days, so naturally I've spend the majority of my week holed up in the library! 

Clockwise from top right: 

  • These books were delivered to me for free this week for my online book club to read and review :) It was very kind of the publishers to gift these to us, and I'm really looking forward to reading it. Check out the LLLbookclub here if you fancy getting involved. everyone is welcome. Our read this month is Emma by Jane Austen!
  • I've been baking again, as per usual. Chicken cream pie this time which was very nice indeed. Other cooking adventures this week have included some rather nice steak medallions, a butternut squash and potato biryiani and homemade naan breads. I just really love food, seriously. So good.
  • I commissioned this digitally drawn art a few weeks ago and I'm so happy with how it turned out! How do you think it looks on my sidebar? 
  • I went swimming at the local indoor pool this week with my friend Leigh-Anne, and I was so happy I did. I love swimming, I feel so at home in the water and for me it's a great way to exercise when it's quite warm outside so you don't really feel like getting all sweaty running and doing other things. Plus it's covered by my student gym membership, so really i've got no excuse not to. This is the view from outside of the pool looking over the sea. 
  • As well as university, teaching practice and library time this week I've also been at work. Yes, my life really is that busy this semester D: You can check out my smart-casual work makeup and hair look here if you fancy a read.

I have slipped up a tiny bit more than last week, owing to the fact I didn't get a chance to pack my lunch one day and had to spend £5 on food at university. We also did our big food shop this week, but that was pretty necessary so I'm going to give myself a free pass for that one. Overall I've found it a bit harder to stick to this week, but I think that's mostly because I spent money once and then wanted to again and again as a result. Starting tomorrow I'm back on the wagon 100% - aiming for absolutely no necessary spending at all for week 3! 

- Natalie XOX