Search

Saturday, 8 March 2014

#Frugal March // Spending Ban Week 1


Hello guys! It's been a week now since I started my #frugalmarch challenge (which you can read more about here) and I thought I'd write a quick update of what I've been doing through some of the photos I've taken lately :)

Clockwise from top right:

  • This crazy looking table is a craft project I've been working on lately for my (sadly slightly late!) Craft Blog Challenge. It started off as a nice but boring nest of metal and pine side tables, so i'm updating it with a couple of coats of paint in some nice patterns. All materials were bought about a month ago, so no extra has been spent on this!
  • I've been catching up on my collection of face masks this month, as it's nice to come home from a long day at work and have a little luxury to look forward to. This one is Blemish Mud by Montagne Jeunesse. Side note - don't you just love my stylish onesie ;)
  • I trim and dye my own hair at home, something I've been doing for a couple of years now. If I want a style change I go to the hairdressers, but for my 6-8 weekly trims I take care of it myself. I neatened it up the other day!
  • I try and cook at home as much as possible, especially over the past week. Me and my boyfriend both prefer home cooked meals and it's more cost effective to do so anyway, so it's the best of both worlds really. This is a sausage and butter-bean hotpot which was very nice if I do say so myself.
  • We've had some lovely weather here lately, which is always nice when you live by the sea. This is the view I had on the walk from my house to the town centre on Tuesday when I had to go to the post office. Isn't it gorgeous?
Overall I've been sticking to the challenge really well I think! I do admit to buying Glamour magazine earlier this week, but since I got a free Models Co Lipgloss worth £15 and interviews with the wonderful Carmen Carrera, Lea Michele and fashion stuff to read, I don't think I did too badly for two quid. The only other expenses this week were pre-planned, such as the TV License bill, internet bill and prezzies for my best friend's 21st birthday. No food outside of the house, no hot drinks up at uni (although a 9am lecture where I forgot my flask seveeeeerely tested that resolution earlier this week) and I don't feel like I've been missing out on anything, so I'm happy. 

How has your week been? Are you feeling the financial pinch this Spring, or is this a good time for spending in your life? Let me know below!

- Natalie XOX