Search

Thursday, 20 March 2014

Company Lashes Mascara - Magazine Freebie Review




Hey guys ! So my lovely boyfriend bought me Company Magazine the other day on a quick Supermarket trip, and I was very happy to see that there was a little surprise included. This month's issue (with Zoella on the cover!) includes a free mascara so I thought I'd give it a go and let you all know what I thought of it. The magazine costs £2.60 and is full of really great fashion and lifestyle features, and this month's is an East London special which I found really interesting. It's my go-to magazine after Glamour and I'd recommend it if you are looking for something to read.

Read on for a review of this mascara with pictures: 


No mascara (and unfilled eyebrows, eek!)

Foundation is Max Factor 3-in-1 with Natural Collection Translucent Powder on top

I do tend to wear mascara most days since, as you can see from the above photos, my lashes are naturally quite dark and straight. I usually wear black/dark brown volumizing mascaras which curl and thicken, and rarely use lengthening ones unless I've curled my lashes beforehand. The Company Mascara comes in a matte black tube with a tapered bristle wand and doesn't include any kind of description of its formula or what it claims to do. 

With 2 coats of mascara

With 2 coats of mascara

I liked that this mascara had quite a thin wand so it was quite easy to apply, even to lower lashes. I would describe it as a lengthening mascara really, since it didn't seem to make any difference to the thickness or volume of my lashes, but did lengthen them a little and curl them a bit, opening my eyes up nicely. The formula dried quite quickly but didn't clump very easily, making it perfect for a quick morning routine. I wore this all day to university and work and there wasn't a lot of smudging at the end of the day, but it did remove very easily with my Soap and Glory cleanser, so I doubt it would stand up to any strenuous activity without smudging or running. 

Overall this is a nice basic mascara suitable for everyday use. It's nothing special, but as a freebie, it's very nice quality I think and well worth the £2.60 that I paid for the magazine anyway. 

Hope you're all well! Are you more likely to buy a magazine if it has freebies included on the cover? Do you like this type of mascara, or do you prefer different formulas, or none at all? Let me know below! 

- Natalie XOX