Search

Monday, 3 February 2014

Review: CK Calvin Klein Delicious Truth



I ordered this lipstick on a whim quite a while ago, and since then it's become one of my favourites for nights out and general glamming up, so I had to mention it on here at some point. This is Calvin Klein's Delicious Truth Lipstick in Contrast, a great dark pink shade with a glittery hint to it. I know what you're thinking - CK costs an absolute fortune! Well, I bought this one heavily reduced for only £1.99 from one of my favourite online shops, Fragrance Direct. I'd really reccomend them for cheap luxury cosmetics - there isn't always a massive amount of choice as things circle in and out of being reduced, but when things are cheap, they're really cheap!

This lipstick comes in a long, thin applicator which fit into my overcrowded makeup bag perfectly. The lipstick itself goes on very smoothly despite the glitter, and doesn't feel grainy or dry at all as might be expected. It lasts pretty well when left alone, but doesn't stay on through eating and drinking very well, so if that's what you're looking for you should probably look elsewhere. As it is, you will leave super fabulous pink kisses with this on everything you touch, and I love it for that. I think it is just smart enough to look dressy, but subtle enough that it can be put with relatively heavy eye makeup and not look overwhelming like a sheer red lipstick might look. 



If you're on the fence about this and can find it reduced anywhere, I would really advise you to snap it up. I've not tried any of the other colours, but if the quality is the same across the board, I would happily pay more for this brand and still be satisfied I was getting my monies worth with every use. Sometimes quality just does pay off, and if it can be found on a tight budget, even better!

- Natalie XOX