Search

Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Sewing Inspiration: Pintrest Round Up #3

I've been pinning again! As ever, you can follow both my sewing inspiration boards and any of my others on Pintrest at this link, so if you're an avid user of this shockingly addictive website, hit me up. So shall we get started?

I love this adorable skirt-to-dress alteration from A Pair and a Spare. It's so simple and would look amazing on holiday with simple sandals and a bikini underneath, as modeled here, or dressed up with some big jewellery and a blazer on top.

These cute pieces are both from Modcloth, an american clothing website which gets it so right so often. I'm very jealous of the great colour combinations in these two dresses, and the yellow/blue one in particular manages to be both vintage and modern at the same time. 


These beautiful creations come from NaughtyShorts right here on Blogspot, so go check her out if you have a minute. Between the delicate patterns, vintage shapes and contrasting grosgrain ribbon waists, I'm absolutely, 100% in love.

This is something I found really interesting and plan on giving a go quite soon. The tutorial, from This Blog Is Not For You is really simple to follow. I've done something similar to this with a dress  that had become too small around the bust before in a triangular shape, but never with a t-shirt so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. They have some great tutorials for a range of different items which can be found on their pintrest board here.

Finally, a fun looking project from Prudent Baby which is just the CUTEST. It looks like a pretty quick project too, an hour's sewing maximum and you could be wearing something as adorable as this around your neck this winter. I'd say that's a wonderful trade off ;)

Thanks for reading! Do you feel inspired by any of these? 

-Natalie XOX