Search

Friday, 17 January 2014

Pencil Skirt #2

Hey guys! Do you remember this tutorial from last year on how to make a simple pencil skirt in less than an hour? Well, I found myself with some lovely tartan fabric and an hour to spare, so I thought I may as well crack another one out.



This one is a little bit longer than the last one I made and a bit looser because of it (I need to be able to walk after all!). It tapers slightly inwards towards the bottom and is lined with a warm flannel, making it a perfect choice for cold days such as the ones we've been suffering from greatly these last few weeks. 



I only had a white zipper to hand which in hindsight I'm not too keen on, but I don't mind it too much since I usually wear long cardigans or jumpers with this skirt anyway. If I made another I'd probably use a black or red zip to match the colours better. 

Has anybody else been making skirts/shorts lately, or is the weather making it a little difficult to even imagine baring your legs right now? Let me know!

- Natalie xox