Search

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

The mysterious absence...

Hi all! It's been a while since I last posted, and there is a very real and sad reason for that... my sewing machine broke!


Read more:


Yep, it was pretty heartbreaking but I am now officially back to hand sewing for the time being, which obviously limits my options a fair bit. I've also been working all this month, preparing to move house in two weeks time and dealing with a half-broken laptop that wiped all of my files the other day, so my crafting time has been severely lessened :( 

However, I'm not giving up! I'm using this time to work on my ongoing cross-stitch projects and collect materials ready for when I can make a start on a new project. Our new flat is much larger and I can spread out more, so I'm currently thinking of ways to carry on making and altering clothes by hand until I can get the money together for a new machine. 

I also wanted to share this pretty skirt piece that my friend Leigh-Anne kindly gave me. It's from an old dress and I think giving it a new bodice piece would really bring it back to life, so I'm storing it away until I have a bit more time to work on it. What do you think? 


- Natalie xox